Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Grammy's Here!

Picking Grammy up at the airport
What a fun and busy day this has been!
Playtime with Grammy (and my guard dog Ella, who's always by my side) while Mommy is at her office and Daddy is at his conference
Wow, Grammy even has me practicing tummy time! Look at all my cool toys!
Which one do I choose?

Much to our delight, Grammy arrived yesterday morning for a weeklong visit. Blanden and I met her at the airport with hugs and smiles. We came home for lunch, and then Grammy has essentially taken over since, with just a little -- but very little -- help from me now and then. They have been reading stories, playing on Blanden's playmat, playing in his bouncy seat, playing in his crib, playing in his BeBePod chair, talking (as Blanden's voice is his new favorite toy), and going for long walks together around Wash Park. They are practicing for their big first night alone together tomorrow night. (I would be having a very productive workweek with all of Grammy's help with Blanden, leaving me free to focus, except that I keep getting distracted by the photos and all the fun they seem to be having.)
Ed left last night for a three-day conference in Vail, and I am meeting him up there tomorrow morning for one night. This will be the first night away from Blanden for both of us, but we know Blanden will be just fine. Grammy seems to have the magic touch, and Blanden knows it!

No comments: